Criminal justice agencies strive to hire individuals who will ultimately provide services in their respective communities that are representative of professional, ethical and balanced behavior. Agencies can ensure that their potential candidates are of the right caliber for employment by conducting an effective background investigation.
Participants in this course will be guided through the following:
1) reasons background investigations are necessary
2) the background interview process
3) the importance of searching criminal justice and public sites for background information
4) legal considerations in conducting backgrounds
5) previous and current employment information review
6) the completion and submission of the background report to the criminal justice CEO for candidate employment consideration
This class is open to all certified law enforcement officers.