This course provides basic methamphetamine awareness and safety education for front-line officers and first responders who may come in contact with a clandestine laboratory. Participants learn to recognize precursors, equipment, and supplies used in the manufacture of methamphetamine and gain an understanding of the unique hazards of clandestine laboratories and receive critical information that will reduce their chances of injury.
Course objectives include:
– Be aware of the nature of the methamphetamine problem in Arkansas
– Be able to identify and properly respond to clandestine drug labs
– Be familiar with methamphetamine production methods
– Recognize chemicals, equipment, and supplies used to make methamphetamine
– Be aware of how methamphetamine affects the body and behavior of the user
– Be aware of the hazards associated with methamphetamine production and chemical exposure.
This is a 7-hour class.