Join us September 12-16 at the Garland County Sheriff’s Office to learn the skills needed to become a field trainer for your agency.
Serving as a field trainer is one of the most important roles an officer may have in an agency. This course explores a variety of issues designed to help field training officers manage their probationary employees.
To successfully complete the course, the student is required to attend all scheduled instruction and to obtain a passing grade on the final examination.
– Six Functions of the Field Training Officer
– Recruit Remediation
– Documentation of Recruit Performance
– Counseling and Motivation
– Critical Training Issues — Cultural Diversity, Use of Force, Sexual Harassment and its Effects on Field Training
– Interpersonal Communication.
This course is designed for all certified law enforcement officers with three or more years of law enforcement experience.
QUESTIONS? Contact Kimberly Hendricks Jones @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-570-8041.