Protecting Arkansas’s Youth (PAY) Check program is a statewide initiative aimed at supporting children who have experienced traumatic events outside of school by notifying school personnel so they may provide necessary support in the classroom. This course covers how the PAY Check program works. The course also explains the basics of trauma informed care and discusses ways to support youth during difficult times. This course fulfills the training requirement for law enforcement agencies wishing to participate in the PAY Check Program.
In this course you will learn:
- What is the PAY Check program
- How the program works
- When a PAY Check notification should be made
- What trauma looks like and how it could impact various areas of development.
- How to identify steps to take in the immediate aftermath of a child’s traumatic experience.
- How to identify precautions and long-term trauma-informed care strategies to promote healing and resilience.
- How to identify signs in youth when they need more help and how to identify mental health resources in your area.