This three-day course of instruction educates officers on the importance of effective highway interdiction. Participants learn the significance of going beyond the traffic stop by asking simple questions and paying attention to indicators of criminal activity. The importance of these indicators and current trends are outlined throughout the course. This course includes elements such as drug and criminal activity detection, proper observance of search and seizure laws, contamination issues, and ethical conduct. Information shared relates to what is commonly observed in Arkansas among active law enforcement.
- Utilize effective highway interdiction techniques.
- Apply elements of drug and criminal activity detection.
- Employ proper observance of search and seizure laws.
- Understand how to manage contamination issues.
- Recognize proper ethical issues presented by such traffic stops.
This class is 21 hours.
Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Enrollment is restricted to 20 participants.
To participate in this course, an application letter must be submitted to Annette Tracy from the applicant’s Chief of Police, Sheriff, Department Head or Director. This letter must indicate that the officer(s) have no complaints of racial profiling.
This class is included in our membership program.