This program provides classroom presentations and scenario- based training in the interception of narcotics in the hotel/motel industry. It outlines proven techniques utilized to assist narcotic officers and uniformed officers in developing partnerships with the business community in identifying violators who use legitimate businesses, such as hotels, to facilitate narcotic trafficking and other criminal activity. The course will outline comprehensive investigative techniques to identify conduct and behavior of the drug violator in the hotel/motel setting. The program also provides instruction on knock & talks, currency seizures, and the role of the narcotic canine. Practical exercises will be used to reinforce these investigative techniques. In addition, legal foundation for the techniques, to include constitutional procedure, search and seizure, and Fourth Amendment issues, will also be covered.
- Utilize consensual encounter techniques and knock and talk to initiate investigations.
- Identify the need for interdiction programs and what types would be most appropriate for individual jurisdictions.
- State the criteria for selecting personnel as well as recognize personnel considerations, including canine selection.
- Utilize hotel business partnerships in drug interdiction programs.
- Operate proactively in the hotel/motel business environment; identify the indicators and characteristics of drug organizations who utilize these establishments.
- State the procedures for search and seizure as well as the guidelines of the Fourth Amendment and the legal foundations for such practices.
- Utilize proper legal documentation and other documentation for courtroom testimony.
- This class is 8 hours.
- Class hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This class is included in our membership program.